Monday, April 27, 2009

Tomatoes Are In!

The tomatoes arrived today: six Early Girl plants from Henry Fields. I planted them around my Japanese tomato ring today, and am looking forward to see if it works. I suppose it can't hurt, anyway.

Here's the close view:


And a view that makes it easier to understand the whole setup:



If they survived the transit, things should be good. I may put out some cloches for them if the wind continues to be as strong as it has for the last few days. I don't want them blown to bits while they are trying to establish themselves.

In other news: tiny little carrots sprouts have begun to emerge from my rows (not all parts of all rows, but since they've just become visible, I still have hope for the others). Finally.

I wish a had even a single leaf on my blueberry "sticks," though.

No comments:

Post a Comment