Monday, May 24, 2010

Progress and Regress

Well, my cantaloupe seedlings are officially gone. RIP, cantaloupes, we hardly knew ye. I don't know if they got too cold in the last couple of weeks (remember the cool weather we used to have), or if there was some other factor, but they are kaput. On Saturday I direct-sowed some seeds in their place; we'll see if they do any better.

I also planted some more butternut and acorn squash seeds, since those plants looked to be struggling too. Don't know what it is with me and squash/melons.

In the win category, I went to turn my compost pile and found it steaming...in 85 degree weather! I used a probe thermometer and found that the pile was holding a steady 140 degrees. That should make some compost pretty fast, eh? Hot composting, indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment